Valentine's Day Links
by Judie Haynes
Valentine's Day offers an opportunity for ESL teachers to enlarge their repetoire of ideas using the wealth of materials available on the internet. See our list of favorite sites.
The internet provides a great number of ideas to augment your lesson plans during February. These kinesthetic activities are especially valuable for English language learners. Teach your ELLs about Valentine's Day. Newcomers can construct a heart with a few words on it in English. Use Valentine candy to augment lessons in making graphs. Have students' read and follow directions to make a Valentine's craft. Here are some of the excellent sites available to you.
- Download our own PDF files Big Heart and Valentine Candy.
- Use Valentine's candy to make a graph in math class.
- Visit the Hershey Kidztown for games, recipes and information about chocolate.
- Visit Jan Brett's website and see the new Valentine's Selections.
- See free software, cards and online games at Kids Domain.
- For young children find coloring pages and outlines at ABC Teach.
- Print cards and posters or find directions for crafts at DLTK's Valentine's Page for kids.
- Choose a Valentine activity for young children.
© 1998-2007 Judie Haynes, www.everythingESL.net